Brinklow is our newest N gauge layout and is based on a section of the Trent Valley Railway between Rugby and Nuneaton. Brinklow station opened on the 1st December 1847 as Stretton and was renamed Brinklow on 1st January 1870 and closed on the 16th September 1957.
The layout uses the three line running section. Up slow, up fast and a down main which was shared by fast and slow running. The section of track by the signal box is the run off from the forth line.
The Brinklow section only ever had three lines, with no down slow, due to the proximity of the Oxford canal which is incorporated in the layout.
The layout operates in the period between 1948 to the mid 1960’s, a little modellers licence is used in the running period.
The layout has been designed to be operated using standard analogue control or Digital Command Controller. This provides total flexibility for operators of the layout.
To discuss possible exhibition bookings for the layout, please email email@example.com
Images courtesy of Andy York