Here at MKMRS we don’t only deal in the more regularly seen indoor gauges such as 00 and N; we also have a large garden railway layout. This is currently being redeveloped and progress will be reported here as it happens. See full details of the redevelopment plans by scrolling down the page.
The Redevelopment Plan
- the garden area layouts are about to be transformed from the present figure of ‘8’ (for the larger scales) and the dog bone (for ‘OO’ gauge) into one big circle with both gauges side by side at an approx heigth of 1.2 metres. The ‘OO’ will be nearest the viewing public and the live steam on the larger scales furthest away.
- there will be four tracks in all (2 x ‘OO’ & 2 x ‘O’/’G’ dual gauge, one of which will be reserved for live steam only
- the former barrier line will be re-instated for safety reasons and at the same time the lever frame for the signal will be moved inside of that
- the existing shed will be the control point and under cover fiddle yard and will hopefully be extended using plastic corrugated sheets to form ‘covered way areas’, access to the shed will be via a swing bridge instead of the present stairs
- May 2012 – Roof installation project gallery
- June 2011 – Grand Opening by Bachmann, Hornby and Peco
- May 2011 (with pictures)
- August 2010
- December 2009 (with pictures)
- October 2009
- September 2009